As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Friday, September 9, 2011

back on track!

I made it!! I made all 14 (ahem... 15) miles today! Gotta say, the first 4 were iffy, I couldnt think of anything BUT my knee. Is my form right, am I relaxed, did I just feel something... On and on and on it goes. But finally I was able to let go and just run. It was awesome! I didnt stop till mile 7. There I walked @ 3 minutes for a GU break. Then I set off again. I stopped next at 11 miles to check out my friends garage sale (I needed new fabrics for the headbands!) I figured I deserved a little break from battling a head wind my whole way back :(
Anyway- I left her house after about 10-15 minutes and head home. I started feeling bad for breaking, so I decided to tack on an extra mile. I think I walked a minute at 13.5 or 14?? I was tired... but then something just kicked after that and I brought it home nice and strong :) 15 miles with no ITB pain!! I am ecstatic.
Now, for the record- and maybe you have noticed something like this too? I am wondering if the flare up has anything to do with AF? Gonna keep my radar tuned into that! Until then, on to 17 Saturday!!

1 comment: