As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Friday, September 9, 2011

bit of a backtrack

Wow- actually had to read my last entry just to see where I was. Been a while...
BUT I have good news. After my 14 got cut short (thank you ITB) I sulked home with 8 and tried to stay positive. I rolled and stretched and rolled- AND kept up with my strength training. The following Saturday was a 5K... I planned to run it consertively and do another 7 afterwards. Well, I walked/ran 1.5 to the race site, then ran the 5k in... wait for it... 24:25! Yeah, so much for conservative! Although I am pretty stinkin' sure this course measured short- I will talke that time and relish it :) OH, and I am sure I dont need to mention- there was not 7 more miles after that!
Although the ITB felt fine during the run, fast forward a bit and my WHOLE right leg is just aching :( I mean hip to calf, just achy and no rolling or stretching is helping. In fact the stretching seems to aggravate! It just so happens AF is in town as well... Regardless- strength training continues, as do shorter runs that feel fine, but aching afterwards...
Well- in time for Saturday's 14 re-do, I dont have high hopes. Actually I am crossing my fingers for 10 miles! I fill the water belt, apply the KT tape and set off...

No comments:

Post a Comment