As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

17 Miles, take 2

Woo, feeling pretty good about this one! Gotta admit- I have been working on my ITB exercises, but did back off a bit this week. I only did the sets every other day with stretching rather than everyday... I was feeling good until Friday- knees were achy a bit. I am trying to decide if this is partly nerves and psycho sematic?? Anyway, my run Saturday was put off for a while. I was actually relieved to not have to jump out of bed and head straight out the door. By the time the afternoon rolled around- the weather was gorgeous and I was physically ready to go- but not necessarily mentally :( Not to mention I could still feel the knees and was starting out a run kinda knowing I wasnt going to be able to finish it. That is a crappy mindset to have! I met a friend a couple of miles in. We walked for a bit and both admitted "it" just wasnt in us today. And, I dare say - it was pretty hot! Anyhoo- we soldiered on and ran and walked on and off- holding on pretty well. She peeled off at mile 8 and left me on my own. I decided to run a mile ahead to the turn around point then make my way back, should get me to 15 and that would be good enough. I was physically doin' OK knee/hip wise. By now my left glute was balled up. I had to stop and stretch it out, but continued on. By mile 11- something turned- I was ready to go! I was actually able to hold a slower comfortable pace with no problem! All in all, I was excited and doing well. When I got back into town- I was 15 miles in and knew I could handle 20 easy- but alas, I had gone too slow with all the walks and had to head home. I ended up with 17 miles and feeling good, better to stop when youre ahead! Then the Garmin review: I am still only running a mile or so at a time before I break for 30-45 seconds. AND that ratio gets worse as the run goes by :( Second- I was soaring after my 16 mile run last time, and not so crazy about the 18 or 20. This has me wondering if my "wall" is 17? Simply- I gotta quit walking sooo much- its the kiss of death. AND- I need to stay positive as the miles go by, I start worrying about when the knee is going to give out and it sabotages me. I am hoping this run with no pain and ending on a positive note- will help me to get thru next weeks 22. I am so nervous breaking 20, just seems impossible- or at the very least- painful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment