As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Cant Even Think of a Title...

So, as always- good news first :) I ran a 5K last night in just seconds over 26 minutes. What makes this GREAT news is the fact that it was easy. I did not feel like I was holding "race pace" or dying during a tempo run. So, that is good. Also good, I got up this morning ready to tackle my 6 miles today. I add this as good news because it is Wednesday- the day notorious for slacking... I practiced my slower pace and it felt great. I literally felt that I could hold that pace forever; until... (here is where the cursing comes in!) my stupid stupid *bleep bleep bleep* hip!!! I felt the tightning first, then the knee twinges, and all I could think was - I am 3 miles in, 3, just three!!! How am I ever, EVER going to make it through this training?? And when will I EVER run with confidence again???? (Hey! found my title :) I ran/walked the rest- holding most run portions for a mile, and finished the workout. I am just lost! Did I feel it today b/c I didnt do the ITB exercises yesterday? Is it because I stretched, but didnt foamroll last night? What I do know is this- I am running from my outer thighs. Not my quads and not my glutes/hams- but all in the hips. I check my form repeatedly and I just dont know what I am doing right on some runs and wrong on others. Arghhh- enough whining- gotta do the ITB series and roll. I have 2 days off of running and then 22 on Saturday. Eager, excited and scared to pass 20 this week! Hopefully some girls are going to meet me for the 2nd half, maybe that will help? Ish, just got nauseous thinking about it, LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment