As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Friday, April 1, 2011

In Preperation

So, tomorrow is a 20 miler... My route is all planned, basically 2 laps of a 10 mile route. I have friends joining me about 4 miles in, but will peel off at mile 12. Knees are feeling good, I am cautiously optimistic. I am not letting last weeks run scare me! Its all about attitude, and I am ready. In preps- I am un-guiltily eating bowls of my favorite (ack-sugary!) cereal and calling it carb loading :) Dinner is yet to be determined. Tomorrow I will dose with Advil again, aspercream the knees and back the IT strap just in case. I think I will mix the coconut water with gatorade this time, and plan on sticking with the same nutrition as last week. 3 blocks at mile 6, GU at mile 10/11 and 3 blocks at 15/16... Hmmm, maybe I will bring an extra GU in case- supposed to be every 30-45 minutes after the first hour, right? Yeah-I might need another GU. I am hoping to get this done in 3 hours 30 minutes... But I am not holding myself to a time or anything; just an idea. So- hopefully tomorrows update will be positive-No, tomorrows update WILL be positive and kick-ass; because that is what my run is going to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment