As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

ITBS we meet again

Ugh, ugh, ugh... Ok- I dont think this bout is as bad as the last one / but annoying none the less! Last weeks 14 miler was cut to 8:( I felt the pain at mile 4, massaged/walk breaked to 6 (where I got home and wrapped the knee) and headed back out for a mere 2 more before I knew I had to give it up.
So- insert 3 foam rolling sessions a day and stretching. I have managed to keep up with my strength training, but I feel the knee:( I skipped Monday's run and opted to walk, fine. Wednesday felt ready but nervous- did 3 on the tm (with intervals) and felt fine. Then I did 4 more later that evening and felt some tenderness... Dammit.
Today, Saturday, I ran the bass Dash 5K. Knee was fine, race was fast, all was well. Until I get home. Knee is achy, I have rolled 3 times already and stretched... Needless to say I am sitting out my extra 7 today... Maybe tomorrow- but most likely Monday.
Arggg- this is annoying! Why can't I just run free??? Damn damn damn!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so frustrating when you have the motivation and desire to run, but your body won't cooperate. I feel your pain mama, hope you get in some perfect runs soon.

    ReplyDelete