As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's been a while

Wow! This whole training for a marathon/mom thing doesnt leave much blogging time, lol!

I have made it to TAPER time!! Woo Freakin' Hoo! I feel accomplished, relieved and just ready to go! Who wouldve thought I'd be craving the day I could pop in P90X for an hour and be done?!? I swear this training has been a full time job; BUT I am glad it is all working out this way. If it came too easy I dont think I would appreciate it all as much. (At least that is my *glass half full* take on it :)
So this week is a 12 mile run. I honestly can not believe I am saying, "Yay, I ONLY have to run 12 this week!" How absurd is that!
It went pretty well. I was running with a friend who wanted to do the 10:1 method; I am sure I have mentioned how I dislike that... It got really tough for her around mile 8-9. I convinced her to walk longer then just keep moving on the next interval... At mile 11 we split to finish up on our own. I took off at a much nicer pace and finished strong. Stayed just under a 10 m/m, so it all evens up in the end... Next- onto the easiest 8 miles of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment