As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer summer summertime!

Welcome back to summer workouts! You know, when the weather is just so great you cant help but be inspired to run/bike/walk/lift/swim, etc... Time to get up, pull on some shorts and head out the door- except there is one small problem (or in my case, 4) the kids are home from school. They are home ALL day, every day. Time to exercise the brain too!!! C'mon creativity, i need you more than ever!
So, today, i reaLLy needed to exercise. My goal was to get some strength training done BeFoRe i started with the housework. I kicked the kids outside and took my weights out to the deck. Now they can run, jump and scream and wont be under my feet, or in my ears! (yes, i am known to wear my ipod around the house!) Of course, i could have easily done this in the yard as well, no deck required.
3 of 12 weighted squats, alternating bicep curls and shoulder raises
3 pf 7 (or 14) walking lunges
4 of 10 pushups (MAN style, lol)
Many more sets of bi curls anf tri extensions
This is about 20 minutes and thats about all youll get in one sitting :) Time for some cardio...
I put the kids on their bikes and head to a vacant parking lot @ a half mile away. Once there i notice its about the size of a track, give or take... This could be a win-win situation! I manage to get 5 laps in before a skinned elbow ruins the fun :( Ahhhh well, i already feel MUCH better and i know this outing has earned me some kid-crash time later this afternoon :) Whats that?? A second workout later? Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment