As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The LAST (long) run!



Well, at this point 8 miles doesnt seem long- but technically it is! I have assembled a good-size group today so the company will be nice. We are in jackets (darnit- Its May already!) and the wind is ugly... but I am training for Fargo, so I suppose I better get used to it!
Right off the bat I let the team know I will not be stopping on this run. I am Garmin free and will be running by feel, for better or for worse :) We all know the route- lets have some fun! So- mile 1 down and I hear the beep beep beep of a walk break from the Garmin, so I say goodbye and head down the road.
Best Run EVER!! I swear I could have gone on forever. Only once in a strong headwind did I walk for a (literally) 20 seconds or so. The rest was a steady pace that felt easy and awesome! My confidence for marathon day is soaring! I got this.... I GOT THIS!! Best I figure- I held a 9:30 pace or better... Really- I hate running without my Garmin now, I am such a number nerd! But perhaps the lack of checking times and going naked was what made the run so easy?? Hmmm, still like my numbers. Perhaps I will have to find a way to wear and hide the G so I wont fixate on it but still have the results at the end...
O.M.G. I will be a marathoner next week. A MARATHONER!! My grin is as big as the word :)










No comments:

Post a Comment