As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Busy Mommy Media RLAM giveaway

Running came into my life (seriously) after my 4th child was born. He was unexpected to say the least and the depression that came with him was equally surprising!
Running stayed in my life when I saw the sense of empowerment it gave me, and a feeling of control. With 4 busy children 5 and under, there wasnt much else I could control! I fell in love with the pure sense of accomplishment; setting a goal and reaching it all on my own… I may not be able to make my kids eat their peas but I can make a good stress reducing sweat in no time:)
4 years later, my kids are no strangers to playdates at the track. They have learned not to complain that we dont drive for any destination under 2 miles. It isnt weird for mom to be doing pull ups on the monkey bars (what, doesnt your mom do that??) Vacations almost always include some kind of race and yes, Mom plays chase to win! They know that it takes hard work and practice and determination to reach a goal. They have all been by my side as I have met and surpassed each one I set! Most importantly- they know exercise is a factor of everyday life; not weight loss or showing off or any other reason… Just because that is how we roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment