As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week Behind but Miles Ahead

Technically I am a week behind in my Savannah Marathon training schedule but I feel like I am so far ahead of where I was for my Fargo marathon. It seems so stupid, but I can not believe how EASY my run was when I slowed it down and just went... I ran 10 miles with no, NO, walk breaks... Not even the slightest need for one!! I just can not get over how easy this run felt. If it werent for common sense (and some tender knees) I swear I could have just kept on going for 10 more!
Speaking of knees, I am in need of more rolling. I did some last night but I can feel the right one today. Funny, it was the left yesterday!
I am working out my schedule so that I can complete all the training runs as well as Bodyrock most days. I will keep the day before the long run absolutely free of anything! I am learning more the need for rest.... Now, if I can stay injury free and not need all the time consuming PT exercise like last time- I will be good to go!
So, this week, I feel confident in saying, "It is ON like Donkey Kong!" After Ll, you have credit cards to USE them right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment