As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

14 miles

Think I will make each long run its own post; after all, they deserve to be blabbed (blogged) about!
So, first lets celebrate before we analyze, shall we? I just ran 14 miles!! 14 miles!! That is over halfway through a full marathon :) I didnt fall down (though came pretty damn close- stupid ice!) and didnt hit a wall... I do ask myself one question at the end of each long run, "could I have gone farther?" Today, the answer is (druuuumrolllll) yes. I couldve made 16 fine, maybe 18- but that wouldve been it.
Analyzing time. Each week I live and learn with this whole training thing. This weeks lesson- strength sessions need to be completed by Wednesday. Period. Thursday's strength session had me tight Friday and sore today. I just knew the tight glutes and hams would flare up the ITB and the sore quads were just uncomfortable. Despite all this- no knee pain, but I am hobbling the day away, LOL.
First 5 were fine, pace all over the place- music got me moving faster than I shouldve. Second 6 were with a group. Nice to have company. They were following 10:1's and that just doesnt suit me. I had to make the decision (also) to slow it down for my own good. Even then- with their walk breaks and my steady pace, we stayed together. Last 3, on my own. Starting to feel that the legs needed to keep moving for my own good. Even walking was not the best idea. Mile 13- Dirty Bit came on. Oh yeah! Got this run done now!!
All in all, 14 wasnt easy. Will keep applying my on-the-job-training and adjust my schedule accordingly. On to 16 next week, and I am ready:)
Note to self- aching feet come mile 11, but then passed...

No comments:

Post a Comment