As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am a Blonde...

Always have been (well, except for those red headed days in college, but still) the roots run deep. I blame the years/decades/centuries of blonde jokes for making me equate my hair color with my lack of common sense. Let me explain: I have been so concerned with what I have missed on my training schedule, that I havent really looked at what I have done. See- Saturday's run got cut short. Then I missed a run on Monday. BUT, I swam Saturday, I cross trained and lifted weights on Sunday, I cross trained and did ITB exercises (again) on Monday, and I cross trained and lifted weights on Tuesday. And then went for a run. It wasnt until I was logging the run on Dailymile.com (GReat SITe!!) that I realized my loooonnnggg break that "was sure to ruin all my marathon training and send me back to square one," was only 2 days. 2 DAYS!!!
This is why I dont heal completely. I dont see the forest for the trees. Or maybe I should say I dont see the miles for the feet, I dont know! Anyway- I have vowed NOT to run today, still thinking about Thursday... It really shouldnt be so hard (or detrimental- get THAT through my head) to skip a week and do OTHER stuff! OK, I am done for now on that subject...
As for Tuesday's run- it was great! 8:30 miles that felt comfortable, not race pace at all. No pain- walked some and ran a slower lap at the end- all was well. I feel the knees some today (go figure) but not enough that I think I an in trouble for this weekend. Now I am off to the Chiro for her take and see if I am out of alignement or anything like that... :)

1 comment:

  1. Following from the Running Moms FB group...I'm Lanae Bays. I have a blog too - http://hungrigyrl.blogspot.com. You rock!

    ReplyDelete