As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chiropractor/ ITBS moves

Fortunately for me, the chiropractor I chose is a runner. She is currently training for a half marathon even (same one I am doing the full version of GO Fargo!!) Anyhoo- it wasnt all bad news, and she didnt say stop running, so yay! (Although I am sure any other chiro wouldve told me differently)
For starters, my pelvis was out of line... one side popped right in (or out?) but the other side was too tight to move. My husband will be happy to know my pelvis is as stubborn as my head, as is my belly fat, as is... well- I could go on! Secondly, my ankles were, hmmm- what did she say??- anyway one didnt do much but the other let out a nice audible "POP!" That alone would probably explain away my shorter leg!
Third- my ITs are just incredibly tight. She prescribed some more exercises to strengthen and continue on with the stretching/rolling. It is important that I work (even more) the glutes and quads and hams to take away from the tightning of the outer thighs/hips. But she agrees that tight glutes may have been what started this... I smell a conundrum! And lastly- this is VERY common. Yeah, I knew that...
So in true Terry fashion, I came home and did a killer leg workout. This will be my standard workout for legs EVERY day. It isnt that strenous, but there is a lot and it can get tedious :( I am feeling the need to do this whole thing twice, (probably b/c I measure kick assedness in sweat)but will wait and see how I feel tomorrow. Strength without cardio leaves me feeling like a slacker, which is why I usually OVER DO it and have to hobble for days afterwards. Going to try to be adult-like here and err on the side of safety. Blech!
ITB exercises
wall knockers 3 of 10
step downs 3 of 10
side stepdowns w/ pelvic tilt 3 of 10
side lunges 3 or 10
forward walk w/ bands until fatigue, then twice more LOL
side walk w/ bands until fatigue
side leg lifts/pilates moves 10 up, circles, 10 front, circles, 10 back, circles

Leg strengthners
lunges w/ toes out 4 of 12
ski jump squats 4 of 12
leg lifts back fatigue
dead lifts 2 of 12

Stretches
yoga routine with hip openers
pigeon pose
cross legs and lean to side
seated twisting pose
leaning stretch (lower leg raised to waist high surface)

If you want/need any info on how to do any of these exercises- let me know. Some are my own made up names, some are pretty self explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment