As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Back on Board Baby!

OK, so last post was a little Debbie Downer! I know, I was tired, yada yada... BUT I am so amazed at how little my body feels beat down. I am not sore or anything! May have been all the walking I did, but regardless- it is nice to feel normal after such (lets face it) abnormal workout! Saturday after the run I did a whole bunch of nothing! Why lie, I stayed in bed for hours :) Sunday I walked laps around the parking lot my kids were riding bikes in and stretched and rolled. Everything felt in working order. Today- easy peasy 2 miles- did just under 4. Took a walk break after 2.5 and oddly enough, didnt want to start running again. ALL the worry of Sat. came rushing back and I insisted that I power thru and run the REST of the way home. This time- it worked! I did run the rest of the way and even forgot about wanting to walk again. Woo hoo! Got my 20 mile route planned out. It is a dbl 10 mile loop. Dont know for sure if it will help not being soooo far from home on my route back, or if running the same loop will hinder me mentally. But, hey, its all about mental toughness anyway, right?!?! One way or another- we will find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment