As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ack! Is this an injury??

Ran with the group Tuesday night, knee did ok. I could feel it for sure, but not painful necessarily. I stretched and rolled and rolled some more. Come Wednesday morning, I could feel it more; decided to try out a run and just take it easy. Well, I ran for 1.5, then walked 1.5 home. Yeah- that went great (insert sarcasm!) Stupidly, I decided to pull out BOB and pick up the boys. After all, the sun peeked out for 5 minutes- what the heck, go for it! Dumb, dumb, dumb. Why did I think pushing 100 lbs in a 40 lb stroller would make my knee feel better? Dang it!!!! So, Thursday AND Friday will be nothing but stretch, roll and rest. Seriously- I am not even going to sneak in some lunges. I WILL NOT!!
I am developing a backup plan, however. Next week is my ez week where The Plan (LOL) has me dialing it back a bit. IF, if, if my ITB starts tightning, I am going to switch weeks. You know, easy and short this Saturday- back up to 18 next Saturday. I am feeling pretty good at this point, just want to get the milage in!

No comments:

Post a Comment