As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Monday, March 7, 2011

On to Week 9!

I am getting there! Slowly but surely. I am so excited about my 16 miler this Saturday... I have never run that far before; definately exploring unchartered territory!
Today was an ez, slow 2 miles. It felt crazy to do such a short run; I overshot and ended up with 2.7- but the last .7 was a nice walk. I really can't remember the last time I just walked with no self-chastising or guilt :) I also did a strength workout. I am making every effort to end all strength sessions bu Wednesdays from now on. Hopefully this will leave me with fresh eager legs ready to move on Saturdays.
I cant believe I didnt come straight home and blog todays run... Well, its been 3 days, but it was awesome enough to remember! Plan called for 6 with 3 1600 intervals of 8:34. I thought it was a bit lofty, given my speed (or lack there of ) lately. Plus, I had worked all day and wasnt really feeling like a run. BUT--- I decided to just run fast as long as I could, if I made it the whole mile, great- if not- it IS technically still a speed workout. Results: 3 1600 intervals of (long dramatic pause) 7:49, 7:54, and 7:45!!!!! Ya freaking Hoo!!!! hot Dang- couldnt be happier with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment