As a mom of many, I know all about excuses... And if I havent used them all, I have probably at least heard them all. Excuses make my head hurt! We've all got 'em, we all use 'em- but we dont all let them define us! I squashed my excuses a few years back and took full responsibility for myself and my actions.
I am a strong mutha, serious about my health as well as the health of my family. I strive to set a good example and live by what I preach: Motion is lotion/garbage in, garbage out/you are your actions, not your words... I hope to help others learn ways to get in exercise and a healthy lifestyle without extremes or burnouts. Simple, eveyday tactics to Get The Job Done!!
And yes- usually WITH your kids!!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

16 miles

*Happy Dance*Happy Dance*Happy Dance***** I just finished 16.71 miles!! Less than 10 more for a FULL MARATHON!!! I can see a light, bright and shining, at the end of this training tunnel!! Today my favorite running partner met me for 5 miles towards the middle of my run. Conversation didnt stop for that hour:) May have slowed me down some, but totally saved my sanity.
Lo and behold- I learned something new this week too! Despite missing my second strength session and despite my legs feeling totally fine and rested- I cant skip stretching! Can not, CAN not, can NOT skip stretching!! @ mile 12 I could feel the ITB; after mile 13 I had to stop every .5 mile and stretch:( But- made it, smiling, and not totally drained to the end!
For nutrition, I planned on Blox at mile 6, Gu at mile 9ish, and Blox at mile 13. Well, I all the good convo, I missed the mile 9- but still felt totally fine, great even!! I am so ready and excited for 18 next Saturday that I want to fast forward ahead. But, alas, I wont. I will rest, STRETCH, and strength train while biding my time for the. next. long. run!! (Said in Totally Drama Island style:)

No comments:

Post a Comment